Tuesday, February 3, 2009

books, books, and more books

I'm buried underneath all of these books. Last week I finished reading A Shining Affliction by Annie Rogers, Not to People Like Us by Susan Weitzman, and Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancoft.

This week I'm working on completing One Child by Torey Hayden, Children Who See Too Much: Lessons from the Child Witness to Violence Project by Betsy McAlister Groves, and God's Reconciling Love: A Pastor's Handbook on Domestic Violence by Dr. Nancy A. Murphy (my professor in Domestic Violence Advocacy).

That's a total of 1,447 pages (in 2 weeks) --- and I didn't even include articles and excerpts from other books for my regular classes this trimester. Am I complaining? Absolutely...and maybe bragging a bit too. I know it's unbecoming, but my exhausted brain and over-worked eyes are in need of some sympathy right now.

All this to say that I won't be able to post anything of worth for at least another week.

Until then...
~S.

No comments: