Monday, January 12, 2009

Coffee Break

Just a little quote to start out your day:

"Only we can know what it is like from the inside to be on our particular journey, and there will always be times when the world in its various guises tries to make us go its way rather than our own. Our individuality, our true sense of self, grows to the degree that we are able to hold fast to what we know to be true or ourselves, even when others are crying out for us to follow more well trodden paths." By Roger Housden in Ten Poems to Set You Free

I don't know what it is about this book, but every time I read it I notice a significantly sized lump lodged deep inside my throat. Maybe it's because the author shares my same love of poetry (though mine is a new discovery), or maybe it's because of the way in which he allows the poetry to read his own life and thereby teaches his reader how to do the same.

~S.

No comments: