Monday, September 8, 2008

A quote will have to do for now...

I am planning on posting a real blog here soon. I'm still trying to get adjusted to this new schedule and attempting to figure out how best to fit in a little blogging action amongst other leisurely activities. Until then, a little quote will have to do.

"The Fall did not diminish our capacity for intimacy; it created a distortion and an agonizing disruption of intimacy. Each of us longs to break through the limitations of our existence into a blissful, unending intimacy with others. Such a dream cannot, however, be fulfilled. So we desensitize our hunger and thirst for the pre-fallen state by preoccupying ourselves with career, family, food, sex. leisure, and other distractions. But no diversion can richly satisfy the surface of the illusions we create in order to cope with life."
~Dr. Harry W. Schaumburg from False Intimacy: Understanding the Struggle of Sexual Addiction

p.s. It's a book I'm reading for my sexual disorders class incase you didn't pick up on that.

3 comments:

:::No Longer Mute said...

I just noticed that I had a typo in this post - I put a period after the word sex instead of a coma. Isn't that intereting?! A little feudian typo I think.

~S.

:::No Longer Mute said...

this confirms, "meaningless. meaningless. everything is meaningless - a chasing after the wind." so, why do we keep trying to fill our lives with things that don't satisfy?

k.

The Tigerts said...

I like that quote, Shauna... thanks for writing it. I am always intrigued and inspired while reading this blog!