Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just a quick note...

I'm back at school this morning. I dropped the big girls off this morning for their first day of school and then I drove Krisalyn over to her preschool. I can't believe that my baby is at this stage already. It's bittersweet - I'm excited for her to enter into this stage, but I also know how much school seems to grow them up! I totally cried my whole ride into school this morning. I just can't believe how fast time seems to escape us in this life. And so I am refocusing on what it means to more fully LIVE my life rather than watching it zoom right by. I can't slow down the clock, but I can certainly live into each moment with greater intentionality and presence.

My first class today is Sexual Disorders - a fabulous way to start out the trimester, don't you think so? I'm sure I'll be posting some thoughts from this class once we get going. Such conversations may appeal to even more of our blog readers. I'm remembering how whenever the topic of sex or relationships was at the forefront of our college group discussions group attendance would nearly double.

Before I sign out, I was going to encourage you to download a podcast from Mars Hill Bible Church (Rob Bell's church) from 8/16. It was a message delivered by Brian McClaren focused on the idea of story (you know how much I love that topic). One of these days I'll figure out how to post a link on this page, but until then you're just going to have to search for it yourself.

~S.

1 comment:

:::No Longer Mute said...

i for one can't WAIT to hear what you learn about sexual disorders!!!