Thursday, June 26, 2008

someday

When Bri and I actually settle somewhere and buy a house we would like to build a writing/dance studio in the backyard. I watched your favorite show last night - So You Think You Can Dance - and I cried during at least two of the performances. I miss dancing. I miss the days when part of my job description was to choreograph meaningful dance productions and I could close the blinds to the youth building and crank up the music and simply dance all by myself. So someday I hope to have a place where I can not only express what my mind is thinking through writing, but a place where I can also express what my heart is feeling through movement. Until then...

~S.

p.s. Listening to that song (Lost by Anouk) that you emailed me about is what prompted this blog entry.

1 comment:

:::No Longer Mute said...

...then you've got to listen to Rihanna's latest CD. i put it in for the first time in a long time last night (this was actually before the show, even) and couldn't help but imagine myself taking an old-ladies dance class, just to learn like one routine that i could do over and over again, just so i could move my body in somewhat of a proper dancing fashion, to the rhythmn of the beat. that cd has a great beat. number 4 is my favorite, "i'm breakin' dishes!"