Monday, June 9, 2008

Movie Recommendation


I just watched The Painted Veil the other night and I can't stop thinking about it. I know we often have different taste in movies, but this is one that I think you'll like (you may have actually already watched it because I think it's been out for a little while). Aside from the breathtaking cinematography and the easy-to-love Edward Norton, the story is worth recommending in and of itself. It's a simple, and slightly predictable, story and yet there was something intriguing about it. I can't quite put my finger on it yet...but I'm mulling it over. It's about love - which is always easy bait for me...especially when there is a really intense and passionate scene - and this movie doesn't disappoint in that area. It was a tasteful love scene - the kind where you're left wanting more (the true test of whether or not a movie is able to stir your own deep longings and desires), not feeling like you need to go confess. Ultimately the story explores the veil of our perceptions and how certain things remain hidden from us until we do the work necessary to lift the veil. Watch it (if you haven't already) and let me know your thoughts!
~S

1 comment:

:::No Longer Mute said...

man - you got me again with your movie recommendations! i really would have preferred a different ending. really. i don't know that i'll be able to continue investing in your recommendations when i come away feeling so sad.:(